By Gerald Figal
Read Online or Download Beachheads: War, Peace, and Tourism in Postwar Okinawa (Asia/Pacific/Perspectives) PDF
Best asian history books
The Indian diaspora is likely one of the biggest and most vital on this planet at the present time with among 9 and twelve million humans of Indian beginning residing outdoor South Asia. With successive waves of migration during the last 200 years to nearly each continent, it has assumed expanding self-consciousness and value.
Hunter offers a glimpse inside of North Korean society, detailing the standard lifetime of humans dwelling in probably the main remoted, secretive society of the 20 th century. during this declassified CIA learn, she describes the world's such a lot severe cult society less than the charismatic totalitarian chief, Kim Il-song, who governed his humans for forty five years―longer than the other chief of the twentieth century.
Lee Kuan Yew in the course of the Eyes of chinese language students is a compilation of essays via highly-respected chinese language students within which they evaluation the lifestyles, paintings and philosophy of Lee Kuan Yew, founding major Minister of Singapore. providing a number perspectives from a uniquely Chinese/Asian standpoint, this booklet offers priceless insights should you desire to achieve a fuller and deeper knowing of Lee Kuan Yew — the fellow, in addition to Singapore — his kingdom.
Secrets and techniques of the Asian Masters chronicles the by no means prior to informed tale of the stone age foundation and evolution of the scuffling with arts all through Asia courting again 35,000 years. it is usually battlefield functions, historical masters, the evolution of old manuscripts, historical writings, origins of state-of-the-art oral traditions, the significance of historic Masters corresponding to Lao Tzu, Confucius, and Lao Tzu's thought of relativity he preached and enhanced and extended on through Albert Einstein.
- The Myth of Inevitable US Defeat in Vietnam (Strategy and History)
- Infant Mortality, Population Growth and Family Planning in India: An Essay on Population Problems and International Tensions (Routledge Library Editions: Development)
- The Dream of Christian Nagasaki: World Trade and the Clash of Cultures, 1560–1640
- The Appropriation of Religion in Southeast Asia and Beyond
- The Great Transformation of Japanese Capitalism (Nissan Institute/Routledge Japanese Studies)
- Power Transition and International Order in Asia: Issues and Challenges (Asian Security Studies)
Extra resources for Beachheads: War, Peace, and Tourism in Postwar Okinawa (Asia/Pacific/Perspectives)
Beachheads: War, Peace, and Tourism in Postwar Okinawa (Asia/Pacific/Perspectives) by Gerald Figal